This presentation will review the implications of being pregnant during residency training, including potential obstetric complications, historical opinions, policies, and whether there is an effect on surgical training. The presentation will also discuss the implications of waiting for pregnancy until after residency.
- Discuss statistics related to pregnancy during residency
- Review OSF and ACGME policies around parental leave
- Discuss historical opinions of pregnancy during residency
- Discuss the potential risks of residency on pregnancy
- Discuss the impact of waiting for pregnancy until after residency
- Discuss the effect of pregnancy on surgical training
The University of Illinois College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians, residents, medical students, and all other providers.
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Medicine designates this Live activity for a maximum of (1) AMA PRA Category I Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.