Prevention of Surgical Site Infection following Cesarean Section, to be presented by Anton Kharoufeh, MD, Clinical Associate, Department of OB/GYN, UICOMP, will cover the following learning objectives:
1. Discuss modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors for surgical site infection (SSI).
2. Review the evidentiary basis behind current guidelines for prevention of SSI.
3. Review best practices in the prevention of SSI.
4. Discuss additional interventions and considerations currently being explored in the literature.
5. Discuss considerations and alternative interventions that may be implemented in emergency situations.
The University of Illinois College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians, residents, medical students, and all other providers.
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Medicine designates this Live activity for a maximum of (1) AMA PRA Category I Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.