Click here for the course flyer
This one-day course provides the novice RN with the skills to assess and document fetal status and to be knowledgeable of the nursing interventions appropriate for the fetal status. Documentation issues and methods of antepartum testing will be included. *Participants must have access to a computer that has a microphone & video camera. Video camera will be required to be on for the duration of the course*
- Identify the purpose of fetal monitoring
- Identify the components of the fetal heart rate and associated physiology
- Describe fetal monitoring baseline characteristics using the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) terminology and criteria.
- Differentiate characteristics of Category I, II, and III patterns
- Explain the instrumentation for fetal heart and uterine activity monitoring.
- Explain various methods of antepartum testing
- Discuss the common nursing interventions related to fetal heart rate patterns and related maternal physiology
- Discuss the components of nursing documentation, legal issues, and communication
This CNE activity is being offered for 7.75 contact hours
Criteria for Successful Completion: Attending the entire program with audio & video camera on, post-test with a score of >80%, and evaluation. The planners and faculty have declared no relevant financial relationships
Seats are limited
Click here to register