The Fall 2023 Statistics and Mathematics Career Forum is open to graduate and undergraduate Statistics, Statistics + CS, Math, and Math + CS majors. The morning session will be from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm and the afternoon session will be from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm.Be sure to register for the full day, morning and afternoon sessions so all employers can see your information.
Prior to the event:
- Update your resume and have it reviewed.
- Make sure your profile is publicly viewable in Handshake so employers can see your profile.
- Take advantage of workshops and services offered through The Career Center, and career related workshops sponsored by student groups.
- International students should attend CPT (for internships) and/or OPT (for full-time employment) workshops provided by ISSS.
- To have your resume shared with employers in advance, RSVP for this event by Monday September 12 and make sure your resume is viewable by employers in Handshake by then. (Students can still RSVP after September 12, but their resumes will not be included in the advance resume book for employers.)
- Research attending companies so you are prepared to discuss how your skills and interests align with their interests and needs.
For the event:
- Dress professionally. Formal attire or business casual (nice shirt and pants or skirt, or a dress) is fine; no need to run home and get changed between classes.
- Bring your I-Card and several copies of your resume.
- Be prepared to talk about your skills and interests, ask questions about employers' needs, and discuss how those match up.