- Recognize the different types of searching and when each might be appropriate
- Apply the PICO framework for building a search strategy
- Execute advanced search techniques in PubMed
- Identify multiple sources of relevant articles for medical education research
- Determine which tool(s) to use to evaluate search results
Prior to the session, participants are expected to view 3 videos (approx. 24 minutes total) and complete a guided activity.
During this session, participants will review different types of literature searching and learn about search strategy approaches and frameworks to improve search results. Participants will also learn tips and tricks for advanced searching. Participants will be briefly introduced to a number of useful resources for medical education research, beyond PubMed, that are available at UIC, along with a few tools for evaluating search results.